Follow ImgResidency on Twitter
Subscribe to the Match TODO newsletter. Reminders for important dates and events throughout the match process.
Site Sponsors:
www.ResidencyPlace.com - Customized Program Requirements
www.IMGResidency.com - IMG Match and Scramble Services

Externship

Observership, Externship, Research opportunities. United States Clinical Experience.

Re: Externship

Postby Draimey » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:20 am

It's easy, internship Epinephrin County Medical Center in Minneapolis?
Draimey

Postby kenman93 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:48 am

Hi all. I am an old IMG (2000). I will sit my step 1 this month, and step 2CK and CS in April/may. I believe I will need to secure some form of USCE. I intend to search within the local hospitals (Atlanta, GA), and local physicians. I need assistance with how to approach the organisations/ physicians; do I call, email, or write a letter? Is it better to wait for the results of one step or all of them? Thanks.

PS: There are not many physicians from my country in private practice here . . .

Thanks.
kenman93

Postby CRIMGER2013 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:19 am

Hi Im a 2008 IMG leaving in CO and interested in applying to ER residency programs... doing my Step 2's in august... really need some help in externships or similar... or any research volunteer programs...
thanks!
CRIMGER2013

Postby alkaagg0707 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:04 pm

Lake America is pleased to offer observership opportunities for International Medical Graduates (IMGs) looking for more clinical experience in the USA. For those interested in pursuing residency in the USA, it can be important to gain first hand knowledge of how the medical system in the U.S. operates. We offer 6 or more week rotations in our primary care clinic, located outside of Orlando, Florida, where you are personally teamed with a board certified physician in either Family Medicine or Internal Medicine. This unique experience can greatly enhance your clinical experience, boost your confidence when taking USMLE Step 2 CS, and be a nice addition to your CV. Some of our physicians are former IMGs themselves and are wonderful resources in providing you with support and answering your questions as you get ready for the residency application process.

Eligibility of observers:
-Graduation from a medical school listed in the International Medical Education Directory (IMED)
-Passing score on one or more United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) examination
-Submission of USMLE transcript, Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) Status Report or ECFMG Certificate

Please email us if you are interested: contact@lakeamerica.com and include a CV (which includes USMLE scores and ECFMG status). We will email you an application if you seem to be an appropriate candidate.

*The only cost associated with this program is a $50 application fee. The applicant is responsible for obtaining proper visa and securing living accommodation during their observership.
alkaagg0707

Postby teeya » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:33 am

hello. i am looking for observerships in usa and i am an img. if anyone could send me the email address of the directors of veteran affairs medical center. my email address is vids1234@yahoo.com. please help me
teeya

Postby Skureal » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:10 am

This is another useful source for people who are into reading
Skureal

Previous

Return to USCE Observerships/Externships/Research US Clinical Experience