Follow ImgResidency on Twitter
Subscribe to the Match TODO newsletter. Reminders for important dates and events throughout the match process.
Site Sponsors:
www.ResidencyPlace.com - Customized Program Requirements
www.IMGResidency.com - IMG Match and Scramble Services

Unfilled positions

Scramble experience, suggestions, strategies

Unfilled positions

Postby Sumana » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:33 pm

Anatolyk,

I have always heard there may be some unfilled positions during May,June and July ,if candidates do not get visa or due to personal probs.

What is the best way to approach programs during this time?Do I need to email with my credentials or just call and find out.
Please let me know

Thanks in advance

Sumana
Sumana

Postby anatolyk » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:48 pm

It's a hit and miss game. You never know when is the best time. If you do it too often, it may become annoying. Calling will definitely work better than e-mailing. But it takes a lot of time.
anatolyk

Postby Sumana » Thu May 01, 2008 3:54 pm

Hi Anatolyk,

Once an applicant is matched and signs the contract for the program,when will they know they got the visa(J1 or H1).
Is it by May or June?

Thanks

Sumana
Sumana

unfilled positions

Postby Sumana » Thu May 01, 2008 3:56 pm

Hi Anatolyk,

When I call up programs for any open positions,what is the best way to approach them and what is the exact questions I need to ask?

Thanks

sumana
Sumana

Postby anatolyk » Thu May 29, 2008 1:04 pm

I guess your visa question is about when is the best time to call the programs to find out if any of applicants could not get their visas on time.

Some people get their visas as early as April, some as late as October. It is really up to a program whether or not to wait for an applicant if he/she does not get visa by July 1st.
anatolyk

IMG Residency Match 2013 Service

Return to Post Match Scramble