Follow ImgResidency on Twitter
Subscribe to the Match TODO newsletter. Reminders for important dates and events throughout the match process.
Site Sponsors:
www.ResidencyPlace.com - Customized Program Requirements
www.IMGResidency.com - IMG Match and Scramble Services

SCRAMBLE SUCCESS RATE or who can you trust

Scramble experience, suggestions, strategies

SCRAMBLE SUCCESS RATE or who can you trust

Postby anatolyk » Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:21 pm

I wanted to share my two personal observations.

1. I see on a few commercial sites a claim of 70+% SCRAMBLE SUCCESS RATE. There is no way in the world this number can be true (unless sample size is just 3-5 IMGs). I am not giving the names, just sharing my honest belief, this CANNOT be true.

2. I also see "Residency Director Login" button on some of the web sites. See my comment above - no way a residency director will be logging in to a service web site looking for candidates. They are getting more applications they can handle right in front of them, so doing an extra effort of logging to a web site does not sound credible.

Just my thoughts...
Last edited by anatolyk on Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
anatolyk

Postby aizhana » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:33 am

Would you trust IMGresidency?
Have you had any positive reviews from them?
aizhana

Postby anatolyk » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:38 am

Not disclosing the details - I am affiliated with "them" :)

The point of my post is to make people aware that there is a good amount of dishonesty out there. I see people falling into the same trap year after year (see other posts in this forum - "Scrambling with...").
anatolyk

Postby aizhana » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:47 am

and how do we know that you are not scam too? ;-)

in any case, do you know whether they can review and tell what was wrong with the application process (i have already sent the docs for initial assessment): was it the score, the statement or the fact that i am from KZ (being in KZ during the whole process)

I need that in case i decide to persuade the residency hunt next year.
aizhana

Postby anatolyk » Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:05 pm

I hope you do get a good review. Didn't you mention that you forgot to include your US clinical experience?

At least you can expect from them some understanding of the process based on the posts by this guy anatolyk :)
anatolyk

Re: SCRAMBLE SUCCESS RATE or who can you trust

Postby Netgalaksy » Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:55 pm

anatolyk wrote:I wanted to share my two personal observations.

1. I see on a few commercial sites a claim of 70+% SCRAMBLE SUCCESS RATE. There is no way in the world this number can be true (unless sample size is just 3-5 IMGs). I am not giving the names, just sharing my honest belief, this CANNOT be true.

2. I also see "Residency Director Login" button on some of the web sites. See my comment above - no way a residency director will be logging in to a service web site looking for candidates. They are getting more applications they can handle right in front of them, so doing an extra effort of logging to a web site does not sound credible.

Just my thoughts...

Well your thoughts are wrong my friend. The company you have in mind measures its sucess by how many of its members are actually be looked at through the porfolio logs. The main reason an applicants uses such service is to get looked at and if that is accomplished then the job is done. Getting the residency position is now the applicant's job to do (interview etc.).
As far as program director login that is there for them to access the largest database for Scramble residency. Why don't you believe that program director won't login?? Unless the service you own does not seem big enough to be noticed that does not mean that other services are not noticed.

Also you are affiliated with a service that advertises 70% sucess!! look at this

http://www.usmleforum.com/images/imgresidency.gif

You are claiming 70% sucess and you say its not true?

Thanks,
Netgalaksy

Postby anatolyk » Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:52 pm

I have no intentions to start a flame here. I wish to point you back to my post: "my two personal observations". You may call my conclusions wrong, that's what the forum is about - everybody says what he/she thinks. Whoever reads it, decides what information is worth the time spent reading.

None of the places I saw the “button” on (3 sites, 2 of which have a lot of negative feedback) discloses that the 70% SCRAMBLE success rate is measured as a number of views and not as a number of applicants that got a position relative to the total number of clients. This creates some disconnect between perception and reality. So, unless I see these details disclosed, my opinion stands.

The ad you provided a link to, states “Comprehensive Service” and not just the scramble. The number quoted there is indeed calculated as a ratio of successful applicants to the total number of clients.
anatolyk

Return to Post Match Scramble