Follow ImgResidency on Twitter
Subscribe to the Match TODO newsletter. Reminders for important dates and events throughout the match process.
Site Sponsors:
www.ResidencyPlace.com - Customized Program Requirements
www.IMGResidency.com - IMG Match and Scramble Services

ERAS screwed it up this year

Scramble experience, suggestions, strategies

ERAS screwed it up this year

Postby anatolyk » Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:50 pm

I heard from many friends that ERAS has screwed it up this year:
- Errors while working on applications
- Applications DID NOT GET THROUGH after 5 HOURS!

I know people who had a great shot for an interview and could not get it because program did not get the application and it was a requirement for an interview.
Making about 30 million a year in application fees, we would expect you to do better!!!
anatolyk

Postby nas » Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:37 pm

This is disgusting. They are spoiling the careers of many here, with their callous atttitude. Anatolyk, I am sure you know better than anyone else on this forum, as to how to get them make a note of this unacceptable attitude!
nas

Postby anatolyk » Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:49 pm

Honestly, I wouldn't loose my sleep over it as even if it was working smoothly, one's chances in the scramble are at most 1/4 of the match. There wasn't much to loose in the first place.

I do not think this was done intentionally, however I do believe that whatever computer system they use, they should pay more attention to quality assurance. There are just no checks and balances in place. 99% of applicants did not even know that their application did not get sent to the programs until the next day.

I know for a fact a similar case with NRMP. A person ranked a program number 1. After the match, she got a position at her number 3. She had a friend at No 1 who was asked by his PD why didn't she rank the program high as they got applicants matched they ranked lower than her.
anatolyk

IMG Residency Match 2013 Service

Return to Post Match Scramble